Beginning your blog can be really easy or really hard.
One of the most important aspects of starting a new blog is to work out what niche you’re interested in (and will be knowledgeable about) and how you can make your writing stand out. The worst thing to do is start an account without trying something new or different. For example, if fashion is your thing, instead of writing generic content about clothes, you could write about environmentally conscious clothes.
Work at Home Online Jobs – Work From Home
The best way to find a topic for your new blog is to ask yourself a few different questions.
1. One way to drive traffic to your blog is to look at other blogs in the same industry. What content are they publishing? Where are there gaps? You can then scour the web, figuring out what type of content is missing and producing it for your audience.
2. Say what people are searching for by using Google. If they’re looking for something, it means they want it! This way you’ll have a clear idea of what you should provide.
3. Search online forums on your industry or on your company to see what people are asking about. For example, “What are the pros of buying a Macbook?” is something someone might ask in a PC support forum. This can give you great insights into what information needs to be on your website.
4. Instead of picking a topic, why not pick one that you can track the current trends on? It’s a great way to see what’s going on and identify any opportunities to stay ahead. Keep in mind that it’s good to grab onto a trend early before anyone else does – it allows you to establish yourself as an expert on the topic. I found all the latest trends in journalism on Twitter.
5. Think about the different types of content that you could produce. Could you do tutorials, how-to guides, reviews, interviews, lists? Maybe your writing style sets you apart from others.
6. Think about what you are interested in. Any topic is only interesting to the writer if the writer knows that topic deeply. So you must be passionately invested in what you’re writing about, otherwise, it will be painfully obvious to your readers.
How to increase your blog traffic
If you’ve created a website and published your first posts, one big question may be – where are all the visitors?
You can’t expect people to find your blog by chance and read it. You need to put in the effort to promote it, otherwise, nobody will ever get to know about your content programming! The best way you can do this is by using one of the following methods: publish new posts on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram; contact bloggers closely related to your niche
1. Promote your blog on social media
To get noticed by new customers on the web, you need to have both an email and social media account. We recommend creating posts for your blog on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. You can create a similar color scheme or theme for these social media accounts to make your brand more cohesive across the different platforms. Share your post on social media and tag people who might be interested in it.
Those who get tagged might share the content themselves and allow it to reach a huge audience. You could also try running a competition or ad campaign to get more followers on your blog. Once you have a big enough readership, keep them entertained by posting regularly, not just during the weekends when you publish new content.
2. Connect with other bloggers
Bloggers are in the same niche as you. Despite the fact there is competition, these bloggers are often supportive and want to help you grow your blog!
Many bloggers have “links” pages on their blog that link to other bloggers in return for a link on their blog – this ensures that they rank well in search engine results.
3. Respond to news stories on your blog
Newsjacking is a strategy that can help you get exposure to news events that are relevant to your niche. All you need to do is monitor the news closely and when a breaking event happens, get in touch with the appropriate media outlets for coverage. Here are some examples of the type of blog posts we like to publish: You can get active on social media, use relevant hashtags, and reply to online discussions. Journalists might come to you if they’ve been looking for a voice from your industry.
Read more: Make money blogging with WordPress by following these proven steps part-1
4. Create viral content
Viral content is great for reaching a new audience that’s never heard about you. If your posts are catchy, shareable, or just plain strange, then they could go viral. By creating quality and relevant content that resonates with your target market. You’ll help increase your readership and get more exposure for what you offer.” You might think this is an impossible task, but the key to content success is to tackle challenging subjects related to your niche blogging.
Sometimes blog posts can involve newsjacking laswe discussed before It’s clear that you have a passion for this niche, so you’ll be able to post opinions on it that are engaging and entertaining. They’ll pull in readers who are interested in the topic, share your posts with others, and start conversations about them.